Had any issues recently with #VodafoneDown or #WhatsappDown? #WhatsappDown was trending on Twitter recently on Jan 19th, 2020 with roughly about 8,256 Tweets in a span of few hours and over 2,500 reports and complaints. Users reported issues with sending and receiving images. A similar outage, of a bigger scale, occurred on March 13th 2019, touted as Facebook’s longest outage ever, causing disru...
“Is Incident Management System really needed?”
We keep frequently hearing this question from our customers about the real value of an incident management platform. Most of the small & mid-level companies mention to us that their businesses are doing well and hence there is no real NEED for an Incident Management Platform!
This is a general misconception that exists in the minds of several business executives. We smile and tell them it’s either of the two; that they would be already spending a lot of time and resources on handling incidents ineffectively without being aware or it’s just a matter of time when they would face a major incident in their businesses that can interrupt their services. Some common incidents that occur in companies:
- An e-commerce website losing millions of customers and subsequent revenue due to an abrupt server outage/website downtime.
- A financial services company losing a substantial fee due to a failure in live money transactions.
- A healthcare provider or a hospital risking patients’ lives due to delays in monitoring and alerting physicians.
- A manufacturing company losing billions of valuable resources due to a defect in production lines.
And list goes on…
When critical IT services and operations fail, there have been serious and sometimes catastrophic consequences for organizations, causing monetary, sales, productivity losses and reputation damages.
So how do you prepare yourself to handle the unforeseen accidents in your organization?
Incident Management comes into rescue here by ensuring the right people, processes and resources are notified and aligned to resolve the incidents as soon as possible and thus mitigating the losses. Here are 5 benefits of an end-to-end incident management platform:
- Restore business services to normalcy during downtime and reduce business impact
- Maintain consistent service levels with a decent uptime
- Create better end user experience
- Ensure higher efficiency and productivity of your staff
- Analyze and take preventive measures for recurring incidents
There are many tools and platforms in the market that aim to do incident management but we, at OpsMagic provide a low cost, end-to-end incident management platform that can help you resolve incidents on the go. We understand that every organization will have its unique requirements and we offer customized plans to meet your specific demands.
Contact us for more assistance.